Thursday, January 8, 2009

The baby bean

For those of you who don't know "bean"is Gaelic for woman and given that my unborn grandchild is female, like her mother and aunt I have taken to calling her the "tiny bean". What a fortunate experience to watch my daughter and her partner embrace pregnancy and parenthood. I am moved by their thoughtfulness and unselfish commitment to their growing child, and can barely contain my excitement (read sometimes out of control) when contemplating this addition to our family.

While it is difficult to be so far away from my daughter, I feel very indulged by these two, who tolerate all my squeals and natter about the tiny bean. We skype and google chat as much as possible and they keep us posted with every visit to the midwife and thoughtfully scan ultrasounds for us to share their magic.

As grandparents, aunts, and uncles we are truly blessed and I am so proud of the parents of this little one. I will keep you posted.


Nanny in waiting........

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Soon to be Wed

Soon to be Wed
Dancing in Cantley

Emily at 2

Emily at 2
all grown up !!

meet bigger

meet bigger
this is all bigger does hence the name

the littlest vegan

the littlest vegan
"coming attractions"