Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 year of the littlest vegan!!!!!

You just never know where life is going to take you, we can plan to a point but fate and others can often alter the course in ways we never expect. It again has been some time since I sat to put it out there and wow alot has happened. My oldest is still living in Brussels and guess what!!! she is pregnant ( read I am out of control with grandparent excitement). What a feeling to get a telephone call at work from across the ocean to hear these words, "Mom are you sitting down, I'm going to have a baby" Well the screams, tears, and love ensued. Is it hard to have my daughter so far away expecting her first baby? you bet, but at the same time I could not be happier. First and foremost it has been a great adventure for her to move to Europe and learn about herself and secondly we are quite confident that she has met someone that shares her enthusiasm for life and love. So I will go forward in this latest adventure in my new role as Nanny and try not to overstep or fragilize my beautiful daughter. We are all very excited for the newest addition to our family.

Meanwhile back on this side of the ocean the youngest opted to go to school closer to home and has stayed in the nest and is doing very well. Look out for this one world!!! I must admit it is a comfort to have my little home body around and to watch her turn into a independent thinker, she wows me daily. As for my son he is living in Ottawa and also doing well. What lucky parents we are to have such great people for children.

Sadly we lost our 6 yr. old retriever in the fall, completely out of the blue, he became ill and within a week was gone (leukemia). It has been difficult to put this behind us, and my heart is broken particularly for my husband, that dog and he were truly pals. Perhaps with time there will be a new dog in the family but for now we morn the loss of our buddy.

So here I am on Jan. 1 2009, lots has changed and will continue to change. I will try and be more committed to my blog and keep you posted.

Happy New Year!!!!!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Soon to be Wed

Soon to be Wed
Dancing in Cantley

Emily at 2

Emily at 2
all grown up !!

meet bigger

meet bigger
this is all bigger does hence the name

the littlest vegan

the littlest vegan
"coming attractions"